The kind of material handling equipment you choose for your warehouse will depend on a lot of factors. If it is bulk material equipment you need or automation solutions or storage equipment, below are six key points to bear in mind before making a purchase.
- The first thing and seemingly obvious to consider is the types of materials being handled. Pallets, spools of materials, coils or tired- whatever the kind will determine the handling equipment you’ll need.
- The order picking method you employ is the next thing to consider- this could be a piece pick, case pick or pallet pick. A reach truck would be a better choice if your personnel stores and picks full pallets in racks whereas an order picker would be recommended if your workers have to case pick cartons from pallets.
- The next thing to consider is the function to be performed and the environment in which it occurs such as the rack aisle width, rack type and ceiling height. While there are many options to choose from, generally it is so that the cost is indirectly proportional to the width of the aisle the equipment will operate in.
- Not all palletising, conveying or filling application can be expected to be heavy duty. Heavy duty equipment will especially be required if an application involves drums, weighing scales, pails or totes being filled and moved at high-volume intervals. This will particularly hold true if regular maintenance is not possible.
- You can go for a single material handling equipment which can perform a range of services that can help you from the start up till the post-sale support. The level of customisation should be assessed and equipment chosen accordingly.The first step is to locate the exceptional MacBook provide from the net. It is not simply the MacBook that comes free of price, but there are lots greater gadgets that can be to be had online, free of fee. At present, there are two promotions for the MacBook. The first advertising is for simple, but adorable silver seasoned. The second provision is for the superior, black MacBook air.
- Make sure you track all the maintenance costs. This can be done with the help of software programs and tools which track information and can help a lot with boosting warehouse productivity. As soon as there is a lag in maintenance, the software can let you know and quick action can be taken. Also, it is always advisable to go for equipment whose spares can be easily found in the market in case of replacement or repairs, this helps to minimise downtime.
- While it is important to know what you need, it is equally important to find a material handling supplier who is knowledgeable and assist you in choosing products that are safe and will work for your requirements and also consider any future changes in your management or operational needs.
Optimum Handling Solutions offer a huge range of ergonomic materials handling equipment. From Spring Loaded Lift Table and Pallet Gate, to Scissor Lift Tables and Mezzanine Safety Gate, they have everything you need to lift, position, tilt, rotate and transfer your loads faster, safer and easier. Providing companies across the nation with the ultimate solution is our main priority. Their team has had experience with personnel from the abattoir, food processing, manufacturing, warehousing and mining sectors to eliminate any safety issues whilst greatly speeding up efficiencies and productivity.